Well there are many emotions and there is much anticipation. Andrea just got here and we were thrilled to be able to greet her at the airport. I am excited that we have a date for baby's arrival (amniocentesis to check baby's lungs for maturity) August 25th and a c-section for the 26th or 27th if baby is ready. Our doctor says that she thinks baby will be ready (currently measuring 7lbs. 4 oz on the ultrasound). Lots of activity and she could see little clouds of vernix on the ultrasound as well--good sign for baby readiness.
Ah readiness. In some ways I am very ready...body-wise I know that I will be ready to have this baby living outside of me :) I am looking forward to holding him or her and not being worried about feeling kicks.
In many ways I don't feel at all ready. As some of you know our house is a construction zone. There is a trench around our house about 6-7 feet deep and a plywood bridge to cross to get in. There is a thin layer of concrete dust throughout the whole house. John has been putting in time both at work and at home. Dad, Brian and Rob (my father-in-law joined in the last two days after getting home from Ontario) have been putting in many hours. (Robert Orr gave up a few precious days to dig for us.) I am very grateful for all the help and the fact that I can stay at Mom and Dad's while all this goes on. (Sue has also offered their place.) Immy has had a lot of highs being around her cousins (and dramatic lows too--but those are fairly normal in the life of a two year old and there has been a fair bit of upheaval.)
My biggest struggle is not getting too anxious about things I cannot control and about my nest being a mess. (Yes when women are nearing the last stages of pregnancy they want their home to be ready--go figure!) I must remember that many have experienced flooding this year in our own province and abroad. There are worse things than renos while pregnant and I must remind myself of this. :)
And so here I am before 6 am not sleeping and thinking about what these next three weeks will bring.
If anyone feels like cleaning at my house in a couple of weeks I will be more than happy to accept--I'm not joking.
Baby Baby Wallace (Imogen's name for her newest sibling) your entrance into this world will not be uneventful--but in the ways that matter most I'm praying it will be. We love you and are looking forward to meeting you whatever state we are in.
Saturday, August 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen, to the last paragraph.....you will have help, I promise , both with our new grandbaby , the house , meals etc!!
Love Sue
Praying for you guys lots and willing to join the after reno clean-up because I TOTALLY understand that mess! :)
You tell me where and when and I'll be there swinging the broom.
Thank you! Stay by the phone ;)
Post a Comment