Saturday, October 27, 2007

Catching up on October





September rushed in October and it's been good. We ended September with Joyce and Tony's wedding--a beautiful and warm fall day. Then came Thanksgiving. We spent this with the Wallaces, MacLeods, Krogsgaards and friend Nicole Hobbs. It was good to share food and conversation around our table. (I didn't take pics but Jessie did.) This month I have also been able to have some visits with Janet. That has been a treat.

School has been wonderful. Here are some favourite quotations or conversations with 'my kids':


"Why did you run away in the park?" her dad. Reply: "I wan-ned to do my own ting."

This story involves the same girl. Me: "We are going to do this exercise 21 times to remember. We've done it once. Now how many times are we going to have to do this?"
I didn't expect an answer but one came: "Ten two times." WOW!
My response: "Yes! How did you know that?" Answer: "I just do."

A little boy leaning up against to large Rubbermaid containers that he was trying to put away
after dressup calls out, "Madame a little help here?!"

"Madame she keeps following me and I don't like it." Me: "Maybe she just wants to play with you. How about you ask her."
"Do you just want to play with me?" a nod comes in response. "Oh...okay."

Favourite joke to play on Madame when we sing, "Bonjour les amis," I have several kids who will sing, "Au revoir, les amis." And when it's time to go the same kids like to sing, "Bonjour..." instead of "Au revoir." (Gotta love kindergarten humour!)

The pics are from pajama day. I posted the photo of my kids pretending to sleep standing up.

This month has been quite beautiful. I was canvassing for the CDA (Canadian Diabetes Association) when my neighbour pointed out a hot air balloon over our house. I didn't realize that John got some pics too. Someday I think that would be a treat. It was a great evening to be outside--I actually didn't spend to much time outside anyways. Many of my neighbours invited me in to visit and gave donations as well.

Although we get busy, John still remembers that I love having flowers in the house. Thank you my love!

The baby and I are doing well. For more, please visit waiting for baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really have some smart kids there, and funny ones too. I am very glad you enjoy that work so much.

I can't belive that October is over, that means November which means December soon which means Andrew being here. And going to the Christmas market and ice skating. (Yeah, though it's not Canada it's fun.)

Enjoy the last days of October!!!
xoxo

Ian said...

It is almost November and I don't have my snow fences up yet. Great pictures.